Being in a car accident can be a life-changing experience and a very stressful experience. Many times it’s hard to remember exactly what to do after the shock of the collision. If you have an injury, it can be even more difficult to remember exactly what to do. It is important to take the necessary steps to protect your rights and your potential future claim. Not following these steps can mean potentially not being reimbursement for injuries, missed work, and property damage.
There are many common mistakes people make after a car accident that can damage their case. At Smith Injury Law we want to help you do the right thing by sharing with you the top mistakes to avoid after a car accident has occurred.
1. Not calling a personal injury attorney soon after the accident. Waiting to talk to a personal injury attorney can potentially hurt your case and delay your compensation. It is important to preserve as much evidence as possible and to let the insurance companies know that you have an attorney on your side.
2. Not getting medical attention for your injuries right after the accident. Delaying getting medical attention after the accident can show a lack of urgency and may appear like your injuries weren’t very serious. If you believe you are injured or are in any pain, get medical attention at the scene of the accident.
3. Talking to the insurance company before you have a personal injury attorney representing you. Negotiating or discussing your case with the insurance company before you have legal representation could harm your case. Call our office first and if you have injuries preventing you from getting to our office, we can come to you.
If you are in a car collision, make sure you do not do any of these things, but instead follow this three-step process:
1. Call 911 immediately after the collision.
2. Get medical attention at the scene of the accident if needed.
3. Call Smith Injury Law, PA at (864) 236-5530.
Disclaimer: Principle office is located at 1210 Laurens Rd, Greenville, SC 29607. No fee unless the case is settled or won, costs may be excluded.