Unsafe work conditions may be present in almost any type of workplace. Companies are required by OSHA to maintain safe working practices.
However, there are often many violations that go overlooked by management that could cause serious injury to employees. Therefore, it is the duty of the worker to report any unsafe work conditions they may encounter for their own safety and for the safety of those around them.
Here are some of the most common violations to look for:
1. Improper or absence of fall equipment
2. Lack of standard hazard communications
3. Supervision and management of scaffolding general requirements
4. Shortage of respiratory equipment
5. Little control over hazardous energy
6. Improper supervision/maintenance of ladders and construction equipment
7. Industrial truck violations
8. Lack of training and/or meeting training requirements
9. Unsupervised machinery operations
10. Shortage of eye and face protection
Talk to your employer immediately if any of these violations are present in your workplace. Being aware of such violations can help prevent an injury and keep the workplace safe.
If your employer refuses to take action, call Richard Smith Personal Injury Lawyers for assistance in any unresolved OSHA violations and receive a free consultation. Richard Smith has had over 30 years of experience with cases similar to these and can help you get the help and/or compensation you deserve.
Disclaimer: Principle office is located at 1210 Laurens Rd, Greenville, SC 29607. No fee unless the case is settled or won, costs may be excluded.